How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SpecialistMichael Your Own Question
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 508
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
SpecialistMichael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a new car in Florida and brought it back to Connecticut

Resolved Question:

I bought a new car in Florida and brought it back to Connecticut to get it registered here. I was told by the florida dealer that they would collect the CT tax and send it to CT. When I tried to register the car here I was told I had to get a form ST7R from the Fl dealer.
What is a form ST7R.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your form question.

When you purchase a car the ST 7R form is what the dealership can use to prove a "sold" car. The form is generally listed in many states as Motor Vehicle Certificate of Payment of Sales or Use Tax.

The CT DMV probably wants this straight from the dealership as there are sometimes fraudulent purchase prices put down so the person registering doesn't have to pay so much tax compared to the "full" purchase price.
SpecialistMichael and 33 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions