SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

colt 357 mag Python, blue, 6" baught new in the70s really nice

colt 357 mag Python, blue, 6" baught new in the70s really nice condition what's it worth? Dick
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Hi Dick my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will answer your based on the information you have provided.

Does the gun have any noticeable wear(muzzle or other places) or cylinder turn marking?

Does it have paperwork and box with it? Would you consider it like new in box?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no cylinder markings or any marks or wear on gun. it does have a nick on the very bottom back of wood grip about the size of a pencil eraser. gun was used as a car gun except once or twice hunting. Dick I might have the paper box not sure. I can say the steel on this gun is without blemish.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Mike how did you make out? Dick
Sorry for the delay Dick. Keeping in mind the only way to get a dead-solid appraisal on a gun is by holding and physically evaluating it, a blued Python that was in LNIB condition with the appropriate things(box, paperwork) would probably retail around high end 2300-2500, a gun around 97% perhaps 1800-2000. Truly mint unfired guns have sold 2850 all the way up to 4000, possibly more. I recently saw a 1970 357 listing sell for 900. 70s I would say roughly 1100-1500 some as low as 900.. it all depends on what someone wants to pay but they don't make a gun like that anymore so many are willing to pay because these revolvers don't wear like their competitors hanguns do. For reference, I think the late 80s to 90s pythons in mint are around 7-900s or so

One of the best guns made, to be 100% sure I would take it to a reputable appraisal place so the gun can be handled and moved carefully; evaluated and accurately detailed to be sure as every single gun is individual and what is good to you might be excellent to me?

A lot of information, but does this help?