JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

Hello, I am about to travel from Canada to the U.S. of A. Where

Hello, I am about to travel from Canada to the U.S. of A. Where would I get my best value to purchase U.S. currency - Canada, airport if thats an option, or in the U.S.? And where at - bank, etc?
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

As a general matter of practice, the casinos near the border will give you the best rates. Seriously. Just go into the casino to exchange your currency.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's a great tip for road trips and I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately this time I will be flying to Indianapolis, IN. Think I will still get a good deal taking Canadian cash into a casino there?
Thank-you for your help.
That is not near a border, so the answer is "no." And I just telephoned the ones over there to double-check and they do not exchange currency.

That really leaves you with getting quotes from local banks. They have different fees so you'll have to price them out in your community. And don't wait until the last minute because sometimes they have to order cash. Airports are the worst place.