How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21422
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there such a thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance"

Resolved Question:

Is there such a thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance" required of persons travelling from South Africa to the USA? It has been told to me that either Immigration. Customs, or the State Department requires this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

No, there is no such thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance" required of people traveling from South Africa to the U.S. If you or someone you know personally, has been asked to pay this, it is a well-known scam to try to get money out of people and it would be advisable not to send money to the person asking for it, especially if you only know this person through the internet.

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher and 47 other General Specialists are ready to help you