Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have a 23 karatgold foil sculptered trading card of Michael

Customer Question

I have a 23 karatgold foil sculptered trading card of Michael Jordan. Is this worth anything?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Depending on the condition of the card and the year it was made, and/or if it is signed, the price you could get could start at $45 and go up from there.

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

Those Cards sold at Sam's Club for $15.00 originally. They are only a card board card that are covered with a 23 Karat gold paper. Value right now listed in the Big Book Beckett Basketball Guide is still showing $15.00-$25.00. It really is the value that someone will pay for it. That card was not a Rookie card, it was made as a Commemorative Card and sold by retailers like Sam's Club, and Walmart.

The Cards that have a high value are solid Bronze, Silver and Gold made by Highland Mint as well as the Highland Mint Coins. They have the value since they were made from the solid metals and molded in the image of the players. As far as the Cardboard cards, the original Rookies in Topps and Fleer bring the high dollars.

I actually have several of Jordan as well Emmitt Smith all still in the original packaging. I have been Sports Card collecting along with my husband for about 30 years.

Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.