General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Hi, I was wondering about medical insurance. I am currently

Customer Question
Hi, I was wondering about...
Hi, I was wondering about medical insurance. I am currently laid off and have no coverage. In my search for insurance I found catastrophic insurance at a reasonable rate but it is a year policy only. I am a very healthy individual and have really only used my insurance for annual's a the occasional mishap (cutting my hand) Do you know a a good cheaper personal insurance I could get. I'm a 44 year old female!
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
2/2/2012
Expert: Joan, Internet Researcher replied 5 years ago
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

Do you have any pre existing health conditions?

Do you take any medications?

How long have you been without health insurance?

Joan

No, No, since September 30th!

There are several ways to go with health insurance. Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna and most of the big companies will give you a personal health insurance policy HMO or PPO if there is not pre existing condition.

If you want something that is not a major medical insurance, but an interim coverage there are companies that offer X amounts of visits with no deductable and if you need Hospital they pay a percentage of the bill. The ER Deductable is $100. I personally had to take that type insurance for 6 months due to pre existing conditions and could not get a regular coverage. Once I have had this for 6 months I can apply for a different policy.

There are a couple of Companies that offer this minor type covereage: Defined Health One Multi Plan is one. It is directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091.

The price on these plans run in the $200-$300 range a month charged to your bank checking account or a credit card. This is the cheapest way to have some type of coverage for minor issue you may encounter. Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Joan
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher