General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I have been approached by a very large self publishing company

to do my book. Their...
I have been approached by a very large self publishing company to do my book. Their approach sounds good but the company has had very bad press on the net. The company is AuthorHouse. Is it a scam or are they legit?
1/31/2012
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

I would stay clear of AuthorHouse. Their review are horrible and seem to have several law suits against them for various violations. This is just one Report: http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/007836.html

This site list 27 pages of complaints: http://authorhouse.pissedconsumer.com/authorhouse-scam-20080912135099.html

I would definitely reconsider using AuthorHouse before using them. Joan

I was given some information by a fellow Expert who had some reliable self publishing companies that have great reviews. You can check these two sites out:

http://www.lulu.com/

this one is recommended by a number of writers:

http://outskirtspress.com/selfpublishing.html

Joan

Joan, thank you so much. I will check them out and see what they have to offer. I've heard of Lulu and the offre of free services can't be beat.

Much obliged! Claire

Hi Claire,

I hate to see anyone being taken advatage of by a company that is nothing more than looking to take someone's hard earned money. Joan

(Please do not forget to accept if happy with the answer and if you need further help please hit reply)

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Joan
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher