Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I seem to remember from a source that I cant recall, perhaps

I seem to remember from a source that I can't recall, perhaps the History Channel, that there was boat load of Jewish people who tried to enter the U. S. sometime in the late 30's or early 40's which was turned away. I can't remember the reason but I hope you can help.
John Blake
Unfortunately, that kind of information is outside the scope of this service.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to have bothered you. This is apparantly beyond your expertise and I am cancelling my request and requesting a refund if possible.
Thank you for your help and if I have further questions along the proper lines I will keep ;you in mind
John Blake

I suspect you are speaking about the ship Exodus. It was bringing Jewish Immigrants from France to Isreal. These people were the ones that escaped the German Prison Camps. This happened in the 1940's

They were stopped by the British and sent back to Europe when they tried to disembark in Hiafa. This is a link that gives some information about the Exodus and what had happened to immigrants: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Immigration/exodus.html

Please let me know if I can be of further help or if this is not what you are enquiring about. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.