How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My passport is under my maiden name. I have since gotten married

Resolved Question:

My passport is under my maiden name. I have since gotten married and is now getting a divorce. Can I travel with my passport or do I have to have the name changed in my passport in order to travel. I will have to change everything back again to my maiden name once I'm divorced anyway.
I may have to travel days from now since my father is very sick in the Philippines.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Did you have your drivers license changed after you got married?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. My driver's license is under my married name since I am still married to my husband at this time.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Then, yes, you will have to have your passport changed. Your passport, drivers license, and social security number must all be under the same name.

The process for doing that name change for your passport is explained by the Department of State here:

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey and 35 other General Specialists are ready to help you