JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

How do I find residencial properties for sale that are not

How do I find residencial properties for sale that are not in a multiple listing service(in Houston, Texas), like foreclosures, bank owned, etc.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Subscribe to realty trac and search online: http://www.realtytrac.com/home/

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There are many services like RealtyTrac. Is RealtyTrac the most comprehensive? Do I need any of the others if I have RealtyTrac? Do I need to be looking anywhere else, like bank websites?

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. They offer a free 7-day trial. It's the most centralized, comprehensive resource there is. The alternative is to get in your car and start driving up and down the streets yourself looking.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if they remove listings in a timely manner (so that I do not waist time on homes that are not even available anymore)?
I do not have personal knowledge about that but I've never had anyone complain about it. A quick online check or telephone call with the assessors office, however, will let you know if the property was recently sold/transferred.