How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Gregory White Your Own Question
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5240
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...
Mr. Gregory White is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 21 yo son recieved a DUI 2 years ago, pled guilty, and did

Resolved Question:

My 21 yo son recieved a DUI 2 years ago, pled guilty, and did all the things the court told him to do in the time alotted. Does that remain on his record permanently?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.
Depending on your state, a DUI can remain indefinitely. However, when employers, etc ask for driving record, they usually nay go back 3 years in time unless a longer record is specifically requested. Therefore, after 3 years, it is less likely to effect you. After several years, you can speak with your DMV about the process of getting it expunged but that may or may not be possible depending on your state.

Have a wonderful New Year. Please be sure to hit ACCEPT as that is the only way I receive credit for my response today.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We live in Oklahoma
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.
The best thing to do is to check the current status of the driving record first.

Complete this form

Send to XXXXX of Public Safety
Attn: Driving Records
P.O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
They accept cashier's checks or money orders only through the mail.

Fees are
Certified copy: $25
Uncertified copy: $28
Mr. Gregory White and 33 other General Specialists are ready to help you