Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

E Purchase From Macys Store New York, Usa.

E Purchase From Macy's Store New York, Usa.
Submitted: 5 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

On the Macy's checkout page where it says 'Choose Shipping Address', click on 'Shipping Internationally?', next to the box to enter the U.S. State. This is what you should see next:
http://www1.macys.com/internationalContext/index.ognc

While you are able, through a third party company, to ship internationally and pay in your own Indian currency, unfortunately, it says that items shipped to a U.S. address must be paid for with a U.S. credit card for online orders, so I'm afraid you won't be able to make the purchase at Macy's with your Indian credit card. What I suggest is to find another online store that will accept your Indian credit card as payment, or check out the information below for an alternative solution.

There are other third party companies that will accept your credit card and pay for your purchases with a U.S. based credit card, but I don't know how reliable they are or what their fees are. See more here: http://www.labnol.org/internet/online-shopping-outside-usa/14026/

I wish you much good luck!

Please click "Reply" if you need more information or clarification.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well Ms. Cher, first of all let me thank you for your prompt reply. But unfortunately I am not satisfied with the reply for the reasons given below:' 1) Your contention is that Macy's is not accepting payment because I would be paying in my INDIAN CURRNCY. NO that's not true. My Credit cart is an INTERNATIONAL CARD; Thus Mac's of their bankers will reciive the payment IN US DOLLER ONLY. 2) On my several visits to US, shopping at MACY'C3 , have always used my INDIAN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD, AND IT WAS HAD ALWAYS BEEN TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE TO THEM. 3) I often make online purchases from India, payable in US dollers, and the equivalent amount of Indian currency gets charged in my credit card. They specify the rate of exchange on the day of purchase, and the conversion rate. So my question it , HOW TO MAKE AN ONLINE PURCHASE FROM MACY'S THROUGH MY INDIAN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD? SInce my 2year old grand daughters birthday in on 21st December Eastern time, I would like to have the goods delivered at the New York Manhattan Avenue. The Card details, the shipment address reqirements will duly be provided to firm up the transaction. In view of the urgency of the matter, would kindly request you to reply ASAP. Withe warmest regards, XXXXX XXXXX seasonns greeting to you & your family members Payment information : Name :- Customer xxxx Res: xxx xxxx, Calcutta, India . Pin code xxxx. Standard Chartered Credit Card no. or I.C.I.C.INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED AS AND WHEN REQUIRED. SHIPMENT ADDRESS : SHAYONI xxxx Aparatment xx
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well Ms. Cher, first of all let me thank you for your prompt reply. But unfortunately I am not satisfied with the reply for the reasons given below:' 1) Your contention is that Macy's is not accepting payment because I would be paying in my INDIAN CURRNCY. NO that's not true. My Credit cart is an INTERNATIONAL CARD; Thus Mac's of their bankers will reciive the payment IN US DOLLER ONLY. 2) On my several visits to US, shopping at MACY'C3 , have always used my INDIAN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD, AND IT WAS HAD ALWAYS BEEN TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE TO THEM. 3) I often make on line purchases from India, payable in US dollers, and the equivalent amount of Indian currency gets charged in my credit card. They specify the rate of exchange on the day of purchase, and the conversion rate. So my question it , HOW TO MAKE AN ONLINE PURCHASE FROM MACY'S THROUGH MY INDIAN INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD? SInce my 2year old grand daughters birthday in on 21st December Eastern time, I would like to have the goods delivered at the New York Manhattan Avenue. The Card details, the shipment address reqirements will duly be provided to firm up the transaction. In view of the urgency of the matter, would kindly request you to reply ASAP. Withe warmest regards, XXXXX XXXXX seasonns greeting to you & your family members Payment information : Name :- Customer xxxx Res: xxxx lane, Calcutta, India . Pin code xxxx . Standard Chartered Credit Card no. or I.C.I.C.INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED AS AND WHEN REQUIRED. SHIPMENT ADDRESS : SHAYONI xxx xxxxx, xxxx Manhattan Avenue, New York, Ny pin code xxxxx US phone no:- XXX-XXX-XXXX. Macys shopping bag ID:xxxxx . Please help for completion of transaction, and delivery on 21st December . Would remain extremely grateful for a valuable guidance to solve this importan/ urgent issue. Warm regards XXXXX XXXXX Mail Id:- [email protected]
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have been regularly buging good from US, through my INDIAN, INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD.
THIS TIME WHILE THROUCH MACY'S THE CARD IS NOT GETTING ACCEPTED. WHEREAS IN SEVERAL OF MY VISITS TO NEW CITI AT MACY'S STORE I HAVE MADE LARGE NUMBER OF PURCHASES USING THE SAME INDIAN INTERNATIONAL CARD , WHILE I WAS IN US.
SIince My granddaughters two year old birhday falls on 21st Eastern time. I want to completely so that the goods can be receied by my cute darling PRINCESS , ON THE DAY OF HER BIRTHDAY ITSELF

Please, I beg you ...please hel to complete and finalise this trransaction.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, Customer xxxxx and you are most welcome.

Thank you for your reply with additional information.

It seems that the main problem here, is that the store, Macy's, accepts your international credit card for in-person purchases only, but they do not accept international credit cards for online purchases shipped to an address in the U.S. If you were to order something and have it shipped to yourself, in India, you would be able to pay with your international credit card. When I referenced 'Indian currency', it was only because that was the term used at the link I included for you, regarding international payments; however, as we discussed, that only applies to international shipping, not shipping to the U.S.

Perhaps another idea would be to have a friend or relative who lives in the U.S. to make the order or in person purchase for you, from Macy's, for your granddaughter's gift and then you can reimburse that person in the most convenient way. OR, perhaps you could shop at a different store online that will accept your international credit card for a purchase shipped to the U.S.

I realize that time is of the essence, as it is already your beautiful granddaughter's birthday today (12/21), but even if your order went through on Macy's site on the 20th, it would not have arrived in time, as you need to account for time for processing of the order, shipping, and very busy mails at this holiday time of year.

Thank you for your kind wishes and season's greetings for me and my family; they are greatly appreciated.

I hope you are able to get her birthday gift to your precious granddaughter as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Cher