How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used car in Oregon and will be flying there to pick

Resolved Question:

I bought a used car in Oregon and will be flying there to pick it up. I will be traveling to Washington and staying with my son until spring (March/April). I was told by a police officer that if I am not returning with the vehicle in less than 90 days, there would be no California sales tax involved. Is this true?
Thank You
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, You woill still have to pay sales tax if you register the vehilce in the state of California. There may also be a penality for not registering the vehicle within 30 days of purchase. Thanks Tom
TaxTom and 43 other General Specialists are ready to help you