beantocup
beantocup,
54863295
Type Your Question Here...

Our Keurig coffee maker keeps showing "prime" and not going

Customer Question

Our Keurig coffee maker keeps showing "prime" and not going to "not ready". I turn the maching off and on, and after getting frustrated for soooooo long, I come back later. Is there something I can do, We purchased the maching less than a year ago for Christmas and I really love it. Please Help. Thanks

Carl Tepper XXXXX
Highland Village Texas

XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: General
Expert:  beantocup replied 5 years ago.

To prime:

Watch the LED lights on the brewer. Some brewers have a light that illuminates red indicating the water is heating up. When the red LED turns off and the green LED illuminates, the brewer is ready for priming. Other units have a blue LED indicating the reservoir is full and the word "Prime" illuminates on the display screen. Press the blue travel mug button on the lower right and the unit will prime. The display will "Ready" when the unit is primed.

• 4

Set a coffee mug on the drip tray. Lift the brewer lid where you install the K-cup. Lower the brewer lid without installing a K-cup.

• 5

Press the "Power" button and allow the brewer to fill the cup. Once the brewer stops filling the cup, empty the cup of hot water into the sink. The Keurig brewer is now ready for brewing.

• Read more: How to Prime Keurig | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8172182_prime-keurig.html#ixzz1dbnHrYqr
    beantocup,
    Experience: 
    Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.

Two things to try

1) Clean the exit needle
    The exit needle is located on the inside bottom of the K-CupTM Holder. If coffee grounds or cocoa mix gets clogged in the exit needle, it can be cleaned using a paper clip or similar tool. Remove the funnel from the K-CupTM Holder, insert the paper clip into the tube and move it around to loosen the clog and remove any debris. Please note, you cannot poke all the way through the needle as the opening of the needle is located on the side and not the top.

2) Descale your machine - this needs to be done once a month or so and will cause issues with the machine if it is not done regularly. Also, be sure you are only using distilled water in your machine. For directions on how to descale your machine, please visit:

http://www.keurig.com/customer-service/brewer-registration-and-support/~/media/Files/Keurig%20Brewer%20Manuals/De-scaling_instructions.ashx

All the best. If these do not help, hit reply and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue.