How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patience Your Own Question
Patience, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 291
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...
Patience is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haave been told that a person UK departing nIgeria for USA

Resolved Question:

I haave been told that a person UK departing nIgeria for USA requires $2000.00 Basic Travel Allowance, is this true
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 5 years ago.

Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Your question throws up a red flag, since there is no requirement of a Basic Travel Allowance (BTA) in any country of the world. The BTA used to be a term describing the maximum amount of local currency that could be exchanged and taken out of a country, but this term isn't use anymore.

Unfortunately, if someone is asking you for money, you may be dealing with a potential scam. Please take care and be aware! Requests for money coming out of Nigeria have been shown to be the work of scammers time after time. Many others have reported being duped by people using the need for a BTA to ask for cash.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Patience and 25 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions