Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am painting my kitchen and this is the colors I have chosen...I

I am painting my kitchen and this is the colors I have chosen...I have painted the cupboards a XXXXX XXXXX-Saybrook Sage green and the walls are a very cream green...I am painting the trim on the door and the window a chocolate brown.. The counter tops of some subtle red in it..I am putting on black door handles on the cupboard and have black appliances.There is not alot of natural light in the kitchen. I love the color of torquoise...should i put that into the color scheme by using it in pictures and curtains on a patio door? The room seems to need some accents of some kind?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Your color scheme sounds very nice! The Saybrook Sage green is a very restful, calm color and I think introducing turquoise in some pictures and curtains on your patio door is a great idea to add a little 'spark' to the design theme. I also love the color turquoise, and if you place the pictures in just the right places around the kitchen, and add a few other accents in that color, the room will look beautiful. Just make sure the turquoise you add is not too 'aqua' but just the right (slightly muted) shade, so it blends well with the sage green.

I hope your kitchen turns out just beautifully!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Awwww ...thanks...good answer...Do you think the brown trim is ok? I have a patio door, another door and a window that would be trimmed brown in the kitchen....maybe that should be the accent color? Or is 2 accent colors ok?
Hi again, and you're most welcome!

Thanks for your reply and your patience; I was offline when you posted back.

I'm looking at some color combinations online to see if there would be another color that would complement the Saybrook Sage better. I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks,
Cher
Hi again,

Since you mentioned the brown trim again, I'm thinking that it might be too dark for the kitchen. The Saybrook Sage is a beautiful 'muted' color and I think something brighter on the trims will make the room look more inviting. Either a semi-gloss white on the trims or perhaps a complementing shade of darker green to match the Sage. You can definitely have two accent colors, and the Sage plus a brighter color on the trim, then introducing the turquoise--I'm picturing beautiful! A current trend in decorating kitchens/diningrooms is to hang interesting patterned and colorful dining plates in a grouping of different sizes and shapes on one wall. Perhaps that is another way in which you can also introduce your turquoise. See here: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-trends-2012

Best regards,
Cher