General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

golf question... how to hit a draw with the driver

Customer Question
?...
golf question... how to hit a draw with the driver ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
10/24/2011
Expert: Sijad H., Consultant replied 6 years ago
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Hi and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you.

It took me a while to learn how to hit the draw. I learned using these steps.
Address the golf ball with your feet slightly wider than normal, and angled to the right for a right-handed golfer. Your stance should be closed, and feet should be pointed to the right of your target. Try for about 10 to 15 degrees to start.

Aim your shoulders to the right of the target to match your feet. Close the face of your golf club slightly to give the ball the proper spin it will need to draw. Close it only slightly, as it won't take much to achieve the desired effect.

Hold your club with a strong grip to encourage your right forearm to roll over the left as you make contact with the ball. Start with the ball a little farther back in your stance than normal.

Swing the club on the same plane as your feet and shoulders, aiming to the right of your target. You need to create an inside-out swing with a closed club face to make the ball spin properly. Follow through to the right of your target, in line with your feet and shoulders.

This took me a about 3-4 trips to the driving range to learn. Still haven't mastered it yet but then again my control wasn't all that great.

If this information was helpful please click accept. Positive feedback is also appreciated.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
thanks...how can I gain more distance with my driver?
That gets a little technical. Theres a lot of things that involve your distance. Power is a major one.Exercise the proper muscles is also important. There was an article from golf digest you may want to read. You can view it by CLICKING HERE. It talks about increasing your drive by strengthening certain muscles.

Another factor is impact. Where you impact the ball will determine how far the ball is hit. I find if i hit the lower part, the ball flies higher and farther. Your follow through is also key.

Another is Launch monitor. Find out your optimal driver loft and ball. After using a launch monitor it increased my distance by 40-80 yards.

And of course practice man. I had a lot of practice before I was hitting the upper 200's.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant

thanks....how long is the "life" of a driver. When does it loose it "pop"?

A driver will last somewhere between 3000-5000 hits before it begins to degrade in performance.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant

I know golf ball loose distance when the weather drops below a certain temp- what is a good "cold weather" golf ball for temp and above?

For cold weather I would recommend Wilson Staff Fifty Elite. They are made with a nano tech rubber core and an ionomer cover. The cover allows to ball to be virtually unaffected by the cold weather. It also cuts through wind pretty well, which usually accompanies cold weather. They go for about a little less than $20 for a box of 12. Before these I used the Titleist Pro V1 but they are about $45 a pack and I tend to lose my golf balls. So I stick with he Wilson Staff Fifty Elite. They are effective on the fairway as well as cost effective on your wallet.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Sijad H.
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant