How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does one get replacement for a lost key to a mail box in

Resolved Question:

How does one get replacement for a lost key to a mail box in an apartment cluster?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Hello, If it is an apartment based cluster you would contact the apartment manager and they would change the lock and usually charge a fee. If it is a post office maintained cluster you would contact the post office and do the same. Your third choice would be to contact a locksmith, they can change it if it is a private system but not if it is maintained by the post office. Thanks Tom Please click accept
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Details: The key was lost by the bank that foreclosed on the property and resold it to my son. They admitted they could not find it. My son has settled on purchase of the town house so has no leverage there. The cluster has "USPS" stamped on it. Does that mean they maintain it? It seems clear to me he is not responsible for changing the lock, but meantime he has to go to the postoffice to pick up his mail-- and is restricted by USPS to three day intervals to do this. It sounds like the old story of the software guy blaming it on the hardware and the hardware guy ... well, you know how that comes out.
Complicated. And locksmiths are very costly. Any ideas to pursue?
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
I think that is post office maintained unit and you would contact the post office to arrange for a new key. Tom
TaxTom and 9 other General Specialists are ready to help you