Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Good Afternoon, My name isXXXXX and I am the Senior

Good Afternoon,
My name isXXXXX and I am the Senior Pastor for the Newhall Church of the Nazarene in Newhall, CA. I am leading a Mission's team of 10 people to Peru, in South America this Wednesday for a church building construction project in the Amazon Jungle, as well leadaing a Pastors' Conference in the Peruvian jungle for national pastors in the area. We are taking lots of materials to give away to pastors. One of which are small one ounce bottles of olive oil for anointing services. I expect to have nearly 200 pastors at the conference, therefore I have 200 one ounce bottles of oil. It does not appear that these items are illegal to put in check-in baggage... but I wanted to be sure, before we pack them. Can I place these bottles of oil in the suitcases... or should I drain the oil before packing. Thanks for your answer.
Pastor Greg Garman
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello Pastor Garman, and welcome to Just Answer.

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier reply. Different experts are online at various times, and I just signed in and read your question.

Considering the purpose for which you are transporting 200 1 ounce bottles of olive oil in your checked luggage, it should be alright to do so, re: the TSA regulations; however, due to the large quantity of small bottles, and the fact the olive oil is a 'liquid' which may raise questions regarding security, it might be best to transport the empty one ounce bottles in addition larger bottles of olive oil, and fill the small bottles when you get to your destination.

Please see the TSA list of prohibited items, here:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

Olive oil is permitted to be transported in checked bags, according to this site:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/holiday_travel.shtm

However, again, due to the quantity you will be transporting, it might be a good idea to make sure this is permitted by contacting the TSA and your individual airline.
http://www.tsa.gov/contact/index.shtm

I wish you safe travel and much success in your wonderful work in Peru.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher