General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

24) John Kotters view argues that management focuses on coping

Customer Question
24) John Kotter’s view argues...
24) John Kotter’s view argues that management focuses on coping with complexity, whereas leadership focuses on coping with _____.

A. defeat
B. conflict
C. success
D. change
E. morale

25) Which of the following statements about leadership is true?

A. managers are leaders.
B. leaders are managers.
C. Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively.
D. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.
E. leaders are hierarchically superior to followers.

26) _____ bargaining is negotiation that seeks to divide a “fixed pie.”

A. Reflective
B. Distributive
C. Integrative
D. Conjunctive
E. Affective

27) The traditional view of conflict is the belief that conflict is _____.

A. necessary
B. harmful
C. natural
D. neutral
E. situationally-dependent

28) The two general approaches to bargaining are known as ________.

A. distributive and integrative
B. emotional and rational.
C. affective and reflective
D. legal and restrictive
E. formal and informal.

29) Which of the following is NOT included in the definition of conflict?

A. disruption of tasks
B. perception
C. something that is cared about
D. negative effects

30) Negotiation can be defined as a process in which two or more parties exchange goods or services and attempt to agree upon _____.

A. a model of the negotiation process for resolving differences
B. the exchange rate for those goods and services
C. acceptable bargaining strategies for obtaining the goods and services
D. the monetary value of the exchanged items
E. effective arbitrators for disputes
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
9/25/2011
Expert: Chris Miller, Internet Researcher replied 6 years ago
Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher

Hello, and thanks for the question.

24. D. change

25. D. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.

26. B. Distributive

27. B. harmful

28. A. distributive and integrative

29. A. disruption of tasks

30. B. the exchange rate for those goods and services

Hope this helps!

Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Chris Miller
Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher