How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy Your Own Question
Lucy, Mensa Member
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 29820
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...
Lucy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work in SC and my home is in PA. and my drivers license will

Resolved Question:

I work in SC and my home is in PA. and my drivers license will expire on Sept. 29. My next trip home is Oct. 14 Will I be able to use my expired license to get on the plane?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to Answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, the TSA will not accept an expired driver's license. If you have a passport, you can use that instead. Otherwise, you may want to see if the DMV will allow you to renew your license by mail so you'll have it for your trip. They do have some other ways of verifying your identity when people show up at the airport without an ID (say, where it's stolen while on vacation). You'll have to give them additional information, and you'll be subject to additional screening. Also, it's not guaranteed, so it's probably not a good idea to rely on that when flying. Here is more information:
Lucy and 53 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions