How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve Your Own Question
Steve, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 6992
Experience:  Sub vet, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley mechanic, father of 4 beautiful girls, educated in electronics and nuclear technology.
Type Your Question Here...
Steve is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

motorcycle permit in cal if from texas

Resolved Question:

I'm from texas and I have a texas drivers license and I'm in cal on a family emergency while I'm here I plan on buying a motorcycle I want to get a motorcycle permit before returning home is this possible without having to surrender my TX DL. And I carry insurance in texas if I register the bike in ca can I have texas insurance
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

you cannot get a California motorcycle license or permit without surrendering your TX license.


you may register the bike in any state and insure it through your TX insurance company.

your insurance company will need the VIN and license plate number.


it would probably be cheaper for you to trailer the bike back to TX, register it in TX and get your motorcycle license in TX.


Steve and 40 other General Specialists are ready to help you