General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

how do I remove pesticide residue from my home after someone

Customer Question
sprayed it?...
how do I remove pesticide residue from my home after someone sprayed it?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/4/2011
Expert: Joan, Internet Researcher replied 6 years ago
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

The first step is to open all windows and air the house out.This is very important as many of these insecticides will evaporate with fresh air. The next step is to get someone into the house with a cleaner that will not affect you, to clean all counters and anything that can be cleaned where the insecticde may have landed. Have someone steam clean the carpets and furniture to get rid of any odor that may be left in the material. have all bedding washed in hot water and a hypoallergenic detergent.

Once all this is done, you should be okay to return to the house and not have any further issues. I have allergies and this is exactly the protocol I had to follow to be able to return after my hose was sprayed. Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Joan
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher