How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joan Your Own Question
Joan, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 18665
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...
Joan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on my way on a vacation and forgot to get my sleeping

Resolved Question:

I am on my way on a vacation and forgot to get my sleeping pill and anti-depressant filled. Can I get them filled in another state?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.


If you know the name of the Drug store that has your prescriptions and the phone number the local Pharmacist may be able to have the prescription transfered. This would depend on if they are a controlled medication and whether they can be legally transfered. If you use a Chain Pharmacy, the prescription may be able to be transfered to the pharmacy where you are if it is a Walgreens, CVS or a major chain that is linked by computer there should be no problem. I hope this helps. Joan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I guess I just lost that information.....I have new prescriptions that I just planned to take and get filled along the way (possibly in Georgia). We do not have a pharmacy around here that is a 24 hour one or one that even opens early. Should this be a problem? The medicine is not controlled one---Cymbalta and Ambien. The pharmacy I use here isn't a chain.....thanks for your help!

Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.


The Pharmacist can always call your Doctor and get the prescription from him/her and fill them that way. Most Doctors have someone on call for emergencies. If worse come to worse, you can always go to a walk in clinic and see a Doctor and explain the situation and give them your Doctor's name and the Pharmacy where you live. Joan

Joan and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you