TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

vintage milk glass with gilded rooster. hi! i am trying to

vintage milk glass with gilded rooster. hi! i am trying to price this item for etsy. no markings on the bottom, another image of gold rooster with blue and a chick on the other side. help!! thanks : )
how do i post an image???

Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, How tall is this vase? Thanks Tom

Customer:

it's actually an icedd tea glass.

Customer:

: )

Customer:

someone said it was federal glass from the gay fad era. still can't find one like it!!

TaxTom :

Thats actually what I thought it was. It is a glass from the 1950's and I will need to research the manufacturer but my best estimate is a single glass would have a value of $5-7. I will be back home in about three hours and will check and see if I can identify the maker and see if that increases my estimate. I don't quite consider it gay fad but it is in the right era and Federal made a lot of this type of glass and if it wasn't clear on the bottom you would have seen an F in a shield as a mark.

Customer:

you there??

TaxTom :

I just got back, let me check

Customer:

k--

Customer:

: )

TaxTom :

I can not determine the manuafacture but in addition to Federal, many regional glass companies made a similiar product including Hazel Atlas and Anchor Hocking. The research doesn't show any higher value but if you had a set of six with the original wire holder the value could be in the $40-50 range. Thanks Tom