How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 16329
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Im in need of advice desperately. Shortly, Ill be asked

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm in need of advice desperately. Shortly, I'll be asked to leave the house as I just turned 19 and me and my dad especially disagree on a lot of things so there is always a clash between us. So I have decided to leave but the problem is I'm not working so have no funds what so ever, don't know where to turn for housing, and need to sort out my education. So basically I'm afraid it won't work out the way I think but i just want to be independent and look for work and be generally happy and not to depend on anyone. So i urge someone to explain to me what i should do step by step so I feel comfortable facing this i.e moving out.

I would appreciate your respond and be grateful. I'll give you a bonus of £50 for your assistance as this means a lot to me.



Welcome to Just Answer. Of course, the first thing you will have to do is find a job with a salary sufficient to cover lodging, food, clothes, and transportation. Moving out generally means putting education on hold for a few years since there are few jobs that allow enough time for work and education. Jobs available for those without a university education or some specialized skill are usually low paying with less chance of advancement (and the higher salary it brings). Unless you know someone who can finance all of this for you, it might be better to seek family counseling and try to patch things up with your parents until your education is complete.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand where you are coming from but I really have to leave as soon as possible because I feel depressed in this current position. What i need is information on who to call as i live in london. Could you supply me with any other information that could be useful as i don't want to ask this question again on here. Thank you!

Who to call for what? There is no one out there who is going to take care of you. If you are being abused you should contact the police. Otherwise, you need to find a job before you do anything else.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I'm going to look for work but in the meantime i'm sure im eligible for some kind of support. And i would be more than happy to also contact someone just to speak to for advice like a Councillor. I have to move out within the next 30 days on my count. I want to study and work at the same time while managing my own place. All i need is directions as im new to this and don't want to commit mistakes. hopefully i'll go to uni next year to study medicine but need independance first. I hope you understand what i mean.

Yes, I understand what you mean. You can discuss this with your local welfare office to see if there is any support available for someone in your position. That should be the first place you go. They may assign a case worker to you to evaluate your situation.


A. Schuyler and 21 other General Specialists are ready to help you