Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I need help with motor vehicle laws in Florida.I have a 50cc

I need help with motor vehicle laws in Florida.I have a 50cc motor scooter that goes 30 mph. Can I use my class E license, and if I register it can I ride it on the street?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

Yes you can operate them on the street as long as you are 16 and hold a class E License. You do not need the Motorcycle endorsement for this 50cc Scooter. Please read about the law here: http://moped2.org/txt/florida_moped_laws.htm Joan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you-I have one more question-do I need to register it and get a license plate to drive on the street?
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

They do require a tag (a moped tag) to be street legal. It is not as much as a regular motorcycle tag cost wise, but it is required. Hope this helps. Joan

• Moped: Class E license or higher- motorcycle endorsement is not required. Note: Passengers under 16 years of age must wear approved protective headgear. A Moped tag is required. Personal Injury Protection insurance is not required.

• Scooters 50 cc or less: Class E License or higher - scooter must be street legal, (i.e., require proper operating equipment- brake lights, headlight, mirror etc. per S. 316 F.S., and tag, title and registration.