General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I need help with motor vehicle laws in Florida.I have a 50cc

Customer Question
motor scooter that goes 30...
I need help with motor vehicle laws in Florida.I have a 50cc motor scooter that goes 30 mph. Can I use my class E license, and if I register it can I ride it on the street?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
8/7/2011
Expert: Joan, Internet Researcher replied 6 years ago
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

Yes you can operate them on the street as long as you are 16 and hold a class E License. You do not need the Motorcycle endorsement for this 50cc Scooter. Please read about the law here: http://moped2.org/txt/florida_moped_laws.htm Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Thank you-I have one more question-do I need to register it and get a license plate to drive on the street?

They do require a tag (a moped tag) to be street legal. It is not as much as a regular motorcycle tag cost wise, but it is required. Hope this helps. Joan

• Moped: Class E license or higher- motorcycle endorsement is not required. Note: Passengers under 16 years of age must wear approved protective headgear. A Moped tag is required. Personal Injury Protection insurance is not required.

• Scooters 50 cc or less: Class E License or higher - scooter must be street legal, (i.e., require proper operating equipment- brake lights, headlight, mirror etc. per S. 316 F.S., and tag, title and registration.
  • Ask Your Own General Question
    Joan
    Joan
    Joan, Internet Researcher