Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am having a 16th birthday party and want to install temporary

I am having a 16th birthday party and want to install temporary string lights inside my living room and then using paper lanterns on the lights so it is very festive. . I don't want to put holes in the walls or ceiling for the string lights to mount to. Is there a temporary solution that is sold where I can get the string lights up on the ceiling without having to cause holes? I am racking my brain to figure it out, but don't have a clue what to use. I am very creative and stumped on this.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

From your description of the situation and what you would like to do with the string lights and paper lanterns, your best alternative would be to use 3M Command Strips with clear hangers on the ceiling and/or walls. They come off easily and leave no marks. You can see more about this product, here: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/decorating_clips/

I hope you have a wonderful party!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.
***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher