How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In California, if our tenant allows another family to move

Resolved Question:

In California, if our tenant allows another family to move in without permission from the landlord what is the recourse for the landlord? Can they ask for more rent?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You would need to send the tenant a notice of breach. If the tenant failed to cure the breach within 30 days, you can file an action to evict the tenant
Ellen and 49 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions