Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am in possession of 2 of your safes. They were both my moms,

I am in possession of 2 of your safes. They were both my mom's, who has since passed away. I had been using them for storing mini video tapes and picture cds, for protection against fire. I have no real need to lock them, but one of them has locked when the door was open, so consequently I can't close it completely. I have a combination that may work on the other one, but am afraid if it doesn't work I may be stuck with the door open on that one too. Here's the info on the 2 safes:
Sentry 1250 Sentry 1250
John D. Brush & Co. Inc. Sentry Group
XXXXX Same Address
Rochester, NY 14625 USA
Rating Class 350-1 HR Same Rating
Serial #8715992 (the 8 could be a B) Serial #M720311
Note: It also had a blue sticker on the Note: It also had the #R4132
outside that said: Lot A #110012 (This safe opens and shuts and
(This is the safe that is locked with the may use the combo 41-95-27
door open and unable to shut it) however I'm scared to try it)
What I really would like is for you to disclose the accurate combinations for these 2 safes. I really am Alma Hagwell's daugter Cindi Greear, not some thief trying to get into these. Let me know if you can help me. Thanks.
Cindi Greear [email protected]
(XXX) XXX-XXXX
Hi Cindi, and welcome to Just Answer.

My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mom.

We are not Sentry, but I can provide you with information to find out the combinations for these safes and/or to reset the combinations from the manufacturer, so you can open and close them with ease.

You should be able to obtain the original factory set combination and/or reset the combination on the safes, if you have the owner's manual. If you don't have the manual, you can download one, here:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/IntBarracudal.pdf

If the manual does not contain the information you require, you will need to contact the manufacturer to obtain information on how to reset or change your combination after proving ownership of the safe, by submitting a notarized letter. You will find information on how to accomplish this, from the manufacturer, at the sites below:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/ (scroll down to "Lost your combo?")

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

If you experience any problem clicking on the links above, please just copy and paste the web address into your browser.

Here are the phone number and fax number for Sentry, if you would like to contact them in that way:
Customer Service Center: 800-828-1438 • Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

For the moment, it would be advisable to not fuss with the other safe, in case the same thing happens, with the locked door remaining open.

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to obtain or change your combinations without too much difficulty!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher