How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask stayathomemomof2 Your Own Question
stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1149
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
Type Your Question Here...
stayathomemomof2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a boat that is pre 1973,and does not have a

Resolved Question:

i have a boat that is pre 1973,and does not have a was given to me without a do i get a title for this boat?? it is a Foremost 14 ft aluminium boat by J.C.Penny...model 1024...serial no.20196..J.C.Penny does not have any info on mfg.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 6 years ago.

What state do you want to get the boat titled in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
titled in south carolina
Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 6 years ago.

There are different procedures in place depending on how you got the boat. ( According to the website if you purchase a boat the seller must give you the title and if they have lost it they must get a duplicate before they can sell it. I am assuming the same is true if you were given the boat. Although because of the year it might have been a previously exempted boat that you will now have to title. ( The problem with that is it requires a tracing of the HIN. The website also mentions that it could have a serial number so since you have the serial number they may accept that instead of the HIN. ( Since this is an unique case they do mention how you can contact them for more information at the Boater Registration Office at(NNN) NNN-NNNN That is probably the best way for you to take this matter.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

stayathomemomof2 and 28 other General Specialists are ready to help you