How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Consultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been raising my 7yr old daughter since birth. her father

Resolved Question:

I have been raising my 7yr old daughter since birth. her father has visitation. He didn't show for months then started. I bought her a cell phone to keep in touch with me. The last time she was there for the weekend I had no problems. since she has been gone on monday she call 1 time late on monday night. He made her call from his phone and had her put on speaker which is not allow according to the court order. He also made her hang up on me after just 1 minute on the phone. I have continued to try and contact her with no response. Please tell me what can I do. Was thinking to cal the police down there since of over 3 hrs away. Also was thinking to go to the court house but not sure what papers I should file. Ty
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

If you are concerned about the safety of your child, you can call the police and request a welfare check of your child.

You may also consider bringing a contempt action regarding the father's violation of the court ordered parenting plan

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

The court can change the parenting plan to supervised visitation only based upon the contempt or impose another penalty upon him

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.
Ellen and 21 other General Specialists are ready to help you