How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to renew a car registration for a car register under

Resolved Question:

i need to renew a car registration for a car register under a corporation which change the adress to another location and i didnt get from you the renewal form what should i do?
also i have a car registerd under my name and my x wife (on the title which is free and clear) and i would like to give my part as a gift to her and move the title under her name only. i m holding the title with me what shal i do? also she lives in dade county and me in pinellas
i need an answer asap plz so i can take care of it
thank you AVI PORTNOY
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Heelo, You can take your current resistration from into the DMV you can renew the registration. On the jointly owned car you can go into a branch and change it over, you will pay a fee for the change but not sales tax. It is proably best if both you and your ex go and do it togrther, Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my question if i can do the registration renewal on line?

and i dont think i can take my x wife with me for changing the title since she lives very far from me so can i do it by myself?

Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
You can renew the registration online if you have the company Federal Identification Number . You will have trouble changing the title information online as you will need to provide documents such as your divorce decree to make the changes, youe ex wife can try with out your assitance but you will not be able to cahnge it with out her present. The issue is when you remove your name you are also removing your liability on that vehicle and she will need to consent to that. Thanks Tom
TaxTom and 30 other General Specialists are ready to help you