How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am security and retirement only. Own a

Resolved Question:

I am security and retirement only. Own a home. No other assets. Made roughly 35000. total for tax year, 2010. Large chain wants to charge $250. to do my taxes. This is my first full year of retirement so have no other years in which to compare. Does this charge sound out of line...or, should I seek add'l quotes?

Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Yes it does seem a little high. You can check with a local CPA or AARP offers free help preparing your return. Here is the link just click on the go button under need tax help, enter you location and the will give the local help information. Thanks Tom


Thank you very much!

TaxTom and 27 other General Specialists are ready to help you