A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

How do view records listed on IAGenWeb, Winneshiek County.

How do view records listed on IAGenWeb, Winneshiek County. There are 3 listings of marriage for Amanda H Turner and Edwin H Turner. I have copies of the earliest listing for their marriage in 1895, but the 2 listings of marriage in 1908 has me confused. Amanda XXXXX XXXXX, nee Spilde, was born 9-11-1879, and Edwin H Turner was born in 1869, both in were born in Winneshiek County, Iowa.

Welcome back to Just Answer. You can view the Winneshiek Co., IA GenWeb page at http://iagenweb.org/winneshiek/ It is truly free.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was on the iagenweb.org/winneshiek site, nothing happened when I clicked on a particular line to view, what was doing wrong? I did find a death record for an XXXXX XXXXX, in Colorado, with the same date of birth as my great grandmother, SS# XXXXX but date of death is March 1965 which is later then I've been told. Where do I go to find out if this is the Amanda I'm looking for.

I don't know what you could be wrong. If you were using my link, try copying and pasting it into your browser instead of clicking on it. I was just on the site looking for your family (no luck) and everything came up perfectly. You can also try backing out of all your programs and restarting your computer from scratch. I don't know that will help, but it never hurts to clear the cache and cookies and start over Wink

You can write to Social Security and request the information on that particular XXXXX XXXXX. I've just recently found a person for a customer whom they thought died in 1930 who lived at least 20 years after that. The SSDI also gives the county where she died and you can check for records there. There might be an obituary. If it isn't online, check with the GenWeb site for that county in Colorado and see if they have lookup volunteers.