How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 16284
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do view records listed on IAGenWeb, Winneshiek County.

This answer was rated:

How do view records listed on IAGenWeb, Winneshiek County. There are 3 listings of marriage for Amanda H Turner and Edwin H Turner. I have copies of the earliest listing for their marriage in 1895, but the 2 listings of marriage in 1908 has me confused. Amanda XXXXX XXXXX, nee Spilde, was born 9-11-1879, and Edwin H Turner was born in 1869, both in were born in Winneshiek County, Iowa.



Welcome back to Just Answer. You can view the Winneshiek Co., IA GenWeb page at It is truly free.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was on the site, nothing happened when I clicked on a particular line to view, what was doing wrong? I did find a death record for an XXXXX XXXXX, in Colorado, with the same date of birth as my great grandmother, SS# XXXXX but date of death is March 1965 which is later then I've been told. Where do I go to find out if this is the Amanda I'm looking for.

I don't know what you could be wrong. If you were using my link, try copying and pasting it into your browser instead of clicking on it. I was just on the site looking for your family (no luck) and everything came up perfectly. You can also try backing out of all your programs and restarting your computer from scratch. I don't know that will help, but it never hurts to clear the cache and cookies and start over Wink


You can write to Social Security and request the information on that particular XXXXX XXXXX. I've just recently found a person for a customer whom they thought died in 1930 who lived at least 20 years after that. The SSDI also gives the county where she died and you can check for records there. There might be an obituary. If it isn't online, check with the GenWeb site for that county in Colorado and see if they have lookup volunteers.



A. Schuyler and 60 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions