Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Other than BVI what places in carribean prohibit jet skis

Other than BVI what places in carribean prohibit jet ski's?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

In addition to BVI, the places I could find in the Caribbean that prohibit jet skis, are the Turks and Caicos Islands, Anguilla, and the Dominican Replublic (only during the period before Holy Week/Easter). Jet skis ARE permitted in St. Barts, Cancun and the Bahamas. In St. Martin, jet skis are permitted on many of the island's beaches, like Orient Bay, Baie Nettlé, Anse Marcel and others, but it is prohibted on the waters of the National Nature Reserve. On the French side of St. Martin, it is required by law to have a boat permit in order to rent a jet ski for personal use.

If there is a particular island( or islands) in the Caribbean that you are planning to visit and would like to know if jet skis are permitted, please let me know the name and I will find the information for you.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 2/10/2011 at 7:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks,

I plan on visiting all of the carribian islands except those along the coast of central america and Grand Cayman. Could you please provide specific information about restrictions for the Turks and Caicos.

Thanks again

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome!

Here is more information re: the Turks and Caicos. The prohibition of jet skis may refer only to Grace Bay, according to this site: http://www.oceanvibes.com/Turks/Caicos/Caribbean/tourism/activities/turks_caicos_info.html (Scroll down to the next to the last paragraph).

You can also find additional information here:
http://www.turksandcaicostourism.com/quick-facts.html

For the most updated information before your trip, it would be a good idea to check with a travel agent and/or the Tourism Board for Turks and Caicos. Here is contact information:
http://www.turksandcaicostourism.com/contactus.html

Best regards,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 2/10/2011 at 8:15 PM EST