How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can social security assign the payee to a minors benefits to

Resolved Question:

Can social security assign the payee to a minors benefits to be the minor himself? He is 16 1/2 yrs old,an high honor student, has a parttime job and has his own car. He has proven to be a responsibile young man. His benefits come from his moms ss disability benefits
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, In most cases the answer is no but here a few eceptions to the rule . Also be aware they may reduce his benefit because of his part time job. Thanks Tom

TaxTom and 19 other General Specialists are ready to help you