How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Miller Your Own Question
Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2788
Experience:  Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background
Type Your Question Here...
Chris Miller is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 3-piece L-shaped sectional sofa. Recently I replaced

Resolved Question:

I have a 3-piece L-shaped sectional sofa. Recently I replaced my carpeting with hardwood floors and put pads under the sofa so it wouldn't scar the floor. Now the sections keep sliding apart --or rather, the middle wedge-shaped section keeps sliding backwards. I've tried heavy-duty velcro, but it only holds for a day or two. I'm not very handy, so I either need a simple fix or your suggestion as to what sort of professional to call to come fix it.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Chris Miller replied 6 years ago.



You might try the plastic non-skid pads for furniture legs. You may have seen these; they have a nail attached and you hammer them into the furniture leg. The pads are round, but you can use them on square/rectangular shaped legs. I have used them on a dinning room table and they worked very well. You can get them at Home Depot, Lowes, or even Wal-Mart.


Hope this helps!

Chris Miller and 61 other General Specialists are ready to help you