Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am interpreting a policy statement that is poorly written.

I am interpreting a policy statement that is poorly written. In this statement is the reader does the person have to wear gloves when searching all of these things or only when these things may be contaminated?

"Staff will wear protective gloves when searching a person, an article, or the surface of any item contaminated with blood or body fluids in compliance with policy."
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Yes, the way the statement is written, it's meaning would be interpreted that protective gloves must be worn only when searching contaminated items. If the statement 'means' to say that protective gloves must be worn at all times when searching a person, an article, or the suface of any item in GENERAL, in addition to searching any person, item or surface which is contaminated with blood or body fluids, it should be written differently.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,
Cher