atluriram
atluriram, Research Analyst
Experience:  MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, P.G. DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRAL COUNSELING
22289965
Type Your Question Here...

Hello - My stepdad died about 3 months ago. He had a pension

Hello - My stepdad died about 3 months ago. He had a pension fund at Alexander Forbes and the beneficiaries was my mom (75%) and my stepsister (25%). About a year before he died (he had cancer) he changed the beneficiaries to my mother alone (100%). Now the funds must be paid out. Alexander Forbes / Distell (he's employers) does not want to pay the 100% to my mother. They say my stepdad "did not look good" the day he signed the forms. 4 People (including 2 of Distell) were together when the papers was signed, in there presents.

Can they "change" the beneficiaries? Do they have the right to change it? Do they not have to accept the "newest" sign document?

Thank you!
Liezel van Schalkwyk [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  atluriram replied 6 years ago.

atluriram :

Sir/madam

atluriram :

I herewith submit the answer.

atluriram :

with regards

atluriram :

atluri ramesh

atluriram :

--------------

atluriram :

The consent is given by your stepdad cannot be changed by the employer. If your stepdad changed the beneficiaries of your mother and step sister to YOUR MOTHER ALONE will only be acceptable, when it is signed as last form. The employer has no such right to change the beneficiaries. Any changes must be done by the employee only. So the latest form signed by your stepdad is acceptable. Therefore find out latest form.

atluriram :

--------------