How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21387
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to purchase a what I call a pie pan liner. I

This answer was rated:

I would like to purchase a what I call a pie pan liner. I am pretty sure that is not what they are really called which is why I can't find one online.

About 45 years ago my Grandmother purchased what looks like a round aluminum disc with a large hole in the center. It has a small lip around the outside edge and the inside edge. The outside diameter is about 11" and the center hole is about 4" across.

To use this "pie pan liner", you simply place your pie (in its regular backing dish) on the center of the "liner" before placing it in the oven. The purpose of the "liner" is two fold. First, it is useful for catching any errant drips from the pie and the second is to allow the center of the pie to receive additional cooking heat from the oven through the open hole in the center. This way, the center of the pie, which is often undercooked, is cooked through. The truth is, this simple device is very useful and it really works! I want to buy another one if they are still for sale somewhere. Can anyone tell me what this device is called and possibly even where to buy one?
Hello again Customer, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I've located this very useful pie baking tool (called an 'oven guard') for you, and it is available at various stores online, through this site:

This is one that is in stock, and reasonably priced:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!


Edited by Cher on 12/3/2010 at 11:43 PM EST
Cher and 37 other General Specialists are ready to help you