How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Martin Your Own Question
Martin, Engineer
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4922
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...
Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a cyclist and have spent a lot of time riding in bike lanes

Resolved Question:

I'm a cyclist and have spent a lot of time riding in bike lanes where all the detritus that falls off cars usually ends up. I frequently notice a thin metal piece here and there about 1/8-1/4" wide, about 5-7" long, and maybe 1/16" thick. I usually notice more of these just before or after stop signs or stop lights. Are these from cars and if so, where on cars do they come from? Thanks for solving this mystery for me.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I suspect what you see is this. Those are what compose street sweeper brush. The reason you find them there is because very often the drivers of those machines often bump the side of the road when turning. As those are made of a "spring" state metal they break easily.
Martin and 29 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions