How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I have in our possession a bronze statue by the

Customer Question

My wife and I have in our possession a bronze statue by the Russian sculptor Paul Troubetzkoy, dated 1912. It is of a young woman leaning against a chair (Josephine Crane Bradley -- my mother), and was commissioned by industrialist/philanthropist Charles R. Crane -- my grandfather. The statue is 18 inches tall.
The sculpture has been in the family since 1912, first in my parents' house and then, after the death of my father in 1976, in our house. Now as we near the end of our own lives, we are seeking a place for it, probably in an art museum because none of our own children or grandchildren knew either Josephine Bradley or Charles Crane.
We live in Colorado Springs, CO, and are seeking to have the stature appraised. Can you suggest a good appraisal in our area?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I usually would refer you the Colorado Historical Society but since they are in a rebuilding mode and do not keep regular hours I have found a certified appraiser in your town.
Jean-Rene Westfall, ASAPersonal PropertyAntiques & Decorative ArtsColorado SpringsCOUnited States1 (760 )(NNN) NNN-NNNN

email address

Thank You Tom Please click accept

TaxTom and 37 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't tell whether the system is working. I typed in an answer and clicked "Reply to Expert" and my answer disappeared but I don't know if anyone got it or what I should do next.
My reply indicated a problem with the appraiser you suggested. His area code indicates he lives in southern California, not in Colorado where I live. Would you check that out please? I would like someone in Colorado and preferably in the Colorado Springs area although anywhere along the front range from Pueblo to Boulder would also be OK. -- Richard bradley
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know for sure it is a California number, but that's what the area code suggests. I should add that I called the number you recommended and got someone's answering machine so I spoke a brief message -- but have no reply from him yet. RBradley
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SUCCESS! I finally got in touch with Mr. Westfall. He now lives in Colorado Springs but has kept his California cell-phone number. I have made an appointment with him for an appraisal next Wednesday. So I am completely satisfied with your work. Thank you very much. I "accept" your answer. Richard bradley