Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

does the school system have the athu to make a blanket decision

does the school system have the athu to make a blanket decision on a students motive, and when provided with evadence to the contrary simply state it doesnt matter , the truth doesnt matter it how we see it.

just a side not my daughter has a 3.8 grade avrage, and does more than 100+ community service hours volintering for children with autisim and the city parks and recreation. so she can be considered for addmission to the sckool of her choice and merrit. P.S. we live insouthern calif. and my daughter is in the Temeucla Unifide school district and attends Chaparal High School
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

Was your daughter accused of doing something she didn't do? What was the blanket decision on 'motive' to which you referred?

Can you please provide some additional details about the situation?

Is your daughter a senior this year?

Would this be considered a legal matter? If so, I can have it transferred to our Legal category.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She was accused of plagiarism cheating on. Homework.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Can they prove or have they proven how the work she handed in was not hers? Did they supply you with a source it was taken from or was she accused of handing in someone else's (another student) work?

Was the homework a 'paper' or just daily homework based on the textbook and/or class notes?

Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again,

In most cases/locations the school and/or school district does usually have the power to enforce their decision; however, if you have proof that the accusation leveled against your daughter is false, and they cannot provide information proving that it is true, you should have the advantage. The rules and regulations vary for each school district, so it would be difficult to provide you with any specifics.

In my experience as a teacher, I have learned that you need to speak to the person at the highest level, for example, the District Superintendent, if speaking to the Principal and teachers at the school has not been effective so far. Also, ask if there are any 'student advocates' who might advise you in this situation. If there is a PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) at your daughter's school, contact the President and ask what options are available to you.

I hope all will work out in your daughter's favor.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I"m sorry I got sidetracked. your advice was helpful.thank you
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your accept and your reply. I hope everything is going well with your daughter, now.

Best regards,
Cher