Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

My Stepfather was left a trombone, he is now in a nursing home

My Stepfather was left a trombone, he is now in a nursing home and my Mother has asked me to try to determine its approximate value.
It seems to be in excellent condition no dents or dings it is most likely silver plated engraved with
Artist Solo
J. W. Pepper
Maker
Philadelphia
Highest
Awards and Diploma
World's Fair
Columbian Exposition
Chicago 1893
10777

I have found one on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-COLUMBIAN-EXPO-VALVE-TROMBONE-J-W-PEPPER-WORLDS-F-/220679164011 the current bid is $158.00 With musical instruments the problem is you usually need a musician who is also a collector. This is a cross collectable as it is related to the Worlds fair. Joan

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here