Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

Searching for info on 2 grandfather clock makers and info on

Searching for info on 2 grandfather clock makers and info on price to offer for them.
XXXXX XXXXX Newtown-clock face has "R Brown Newtown"
XXXXX XXXXX Knowle-clock face has "B Edwards Knowle"
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 7 years ago.

Using this site which Identifies Antique Clock makers, I could not find either of the names you have given. http://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/ill8.php#grandfather

The site has an area that you can search for the clock makers and neither were listed. Do you have further information on the clocks, or pictures? Joan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I do not have pictures of the clocks, I did research myself on www.clockswatches.com

and found the names of the makers but you have to pay in pounds(england) to obtain

info.....was not sure about the pounds/dollars exchange. These clocks are for sale

by a friend..want to make a valid offer but don't know where to start.

Thanks

Expert:  Joan replied 7 years ago.

This link will help with the pounds conversion: http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html

We do know their production was 1600's-1740's. I can opt out and see if someone else can assist you. Please let me know. It is very hard with antiques as there is only one listing for XXXXX XXXXX. Joan.

I am going to opt out and see if one of the other Experts can assist you. Joan

Edited by Joan on 10/9/2010 at 10:04 PM EST