General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Dear Sir (s) or madam(s ) How are you I believe that I

Customer Question
Dear Sir (s) or madam(s...
Dear Sir (s) or madam(s )
How are you ?
I believe that I am speaking good English and Have no problem writing and reading.
But I still have Korean accent , not kind of american accent( pronunciations)

Therfore, I tried so many teachers, vedios, etc. They just give too mcuh explanation,
talk too much uselessly, and they never go to the real cores.

I have been looking for one CD or DVD which can solve the problems that Most Foreigners have about their pronunciations

The CD or DVD must have real professional explanation simply. easily, accurately.
The price range would be about $ 15.00.
I want to find out one CD or DVD that can help foreigner speak betters.

Could you help me out ?
Mr Cha.

Most CD or DVDs consist of Many CD and DVDs. That is uselees.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: General
10/6/2010
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 7 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello Mr. Cha, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I am fine, and hope this finds you well!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a foreign language teacher and have also taught English as a Second Language to school-aged students and adults for many years. One of the best ways to improve your American accent is to try to speak English only, with friends, co-workers, etc., so you can practice as much as possible, and also ask your friends to correct your pronunciation, when needed. The more you hear and speak English, the better your accent will become. Also, watching television programs in English and listening to the radio, will be helpful.

I think you have not yet found any teachers, cd's, videos or dvd's to suit your needs, because you would like to practice only 'conversational' English and I have a feeling from your description of your past experiences, that people are trying to teach you the rules of grammar, spelling and usage, which in English is quite complicated. Yes, it is best to learn these rules and employ them in your writing and speaking, but when you're present goal is to lessen your Korean accent, you need as much conversational practice as possible.

I do not speak Korean, but in every language, there are certain sounds that either do not exist and/or are not pronounced in English. This is what causes you to retain your Korean 'accent' when speaking English.

You can look for something like this, in your Public Library:
http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/record.jsp?R=75602#

This sounds perfect for your purposes, but it is more costly than $15. I don't think you will find what you need if you are limited to that amount.
http://accent-master-software-and-training.amazonwebstore.com/English-Pronunciation-Made-Easy-for-Korean/M/B002CFIVV6.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Try to find out if there are Continuing Education classes given at your local High School or Community School, and sign up for a conversational English class. You might not need the beginning level, as you are already quite fluent, so perhaps an 'intermediate' class will be better for you. If you explain to the teacher what you are looking to accomplish, hopefully the class will be geared toward improving/perfecting your American English pronunciation.

You can also find a private tutor in your area that gives individual or group lessons in conversational English, and in this way you will have the benefit of personal attention and the opportunity to interact and practice your English with others.

I wish you much good luck, Mr. Cha!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
Cher

Dear Cher,

How are yoy ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have been a ESL and SAT teacher for many many years in America, I believe that

I know what English is.

What I am looking for is CD or DVD to teach how to pronpunce sounds ( pronunciation)

such as s, z, ch, sh, t, d, p etc. ( just one CD or DVD the simpler the bettrer )

Accentmaster.com is kind of helpful to me.

Could you find me more of that kind ?

Thank you so much.

Mr Cha

Hello again Mr. Cha, and you are most welcome.

Thanks for your reply with additional information.

Please allow me a little time to research this further for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Hi again, Mr. Cha.

I've found these programs that are similar to the one you have tried and said was helpful:

http://www.confidentspeech.com/
http://www.accentschool.com/

http://www.pronunciationworkshop.com/
http://www.lessaccent.com/
http://www.goodaccent.com/

Best wishes,
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs