General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I have to present the occassion for our 19th pastoral anniversary

, what can I say...
I have to present the occassion for our 19th pastoral anniversary , what can I say, what are they look for.
9/21/2010
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Are you looking for a poem to present and read to your Pastor on this occasion?

Or do you need to make a speech, set up a program, etc.?

Please let me know some additional details and I would be happy to help.

Regards,
Cher
Pastor wants me to do the occassion. I don't know what to say, I also want to start with a scripture. do you know of any
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Please allow me a little time to research this for you.

By when do you need it?

In addition to a scripture, is there anything particular you'd like to include?

Thanks,
Cher

I need this by 10/01/10.

Would like to start by saying, I'm going to thank everyone for coming out to support our 19th Pastoral Anniversary, I need to stress the occassion this is where I am lost for words (what can I say), what ever I say I would like to follow with a nice poem and maybe open up with a scripture something that is sufficient for the occassion. I guess I want to hear what you would say in front of your church if you were ask to present the occassion for your 19th Pastoral Anniversary.

Hi again, and thanks very much for your additional details.

I will start on this and let you know what I have, by later tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Cher
Thank you Cher, never done this before just want everything to be professional and nice standing in front of losts of people

Hi again,

I understand completely, and hope you like this.

I like the following Pastor appreciation scripture for this occasion, showing how we follow their godly example:

You can start with this, from Hebrews 13:7.

"Remember your leaders who first taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and trust the Lord as they do."

I'd like to thank you all for coming out tonight (today?) to celebrate our 19th Pastoral Anniversary. This is a very auspicious occasion when we will honor, thank and show our great appreciation for our wonderful Pastor, [insert name]. We are greatly appreciative of the many years of selfless dedication and unwaivering service to our congregation, which we would like to recognize at this time. I think this poem expresses our feelings.

When you came to us, we were unsure,
With all of our needs, would you endure?
There has to be times you wanted to quit,
But the Lord said "No, stick around a bit."

That bit of time, well it came and it went.
Because we needed a pastor, you were sent.
We have been through good times and bad,
But you stuck around and that makes us glad.

We share 19 years of wonderful memories here,
And all of them in our hearts, we hold dear.
You have been our pastor, our guide, and friend.
Your wisdom is so helpful, as on God you depend.

It has been 19 years of good times and bad,
Most of them were happy, but some were sad.
Some of us have gone on to be with the Lord,
But we are still here with rivers to ford.

We will have trials and storms to go through,
But you have been there and shown us what to do.
Our prayers each day include you as we pray,
And we must give thanks for you each day.

Now, may the Lord be with you all of your days
And continue to use you as you give Him praise.
We love and appreciate you for all you have done
As we look back in wonder, where have the years gone?

We hope we are fortunate enough to enjoy your company and blessed leadership for another 19 years, and many more to come!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT'. Your positive feedback will also be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information or further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Regards,

Cher

Edited by Cher on 9/22/2010 at 2:27 AM EST

Hi Cher

I made a few changes, but overall I like it. Love the poem. Let's title it for the occassion.

What do you think, what should we title the poem.

Hi again,

I'm glad you liked it!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

How about, "In Loving Appreciation" for the title.

Regards,

Cher

Did you make the poem up or did you take it from some other source.

Not too fond of the title, does anything else come to mind

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'll be happy to send you another title, after giving it some more thought.

The poem was inspired by one I found from another source. You didn't specify if you needed it to be an original work, but since you mentioned you made some changes, now it is adapted to specifically what you need. Everything else is original, written by me.

Let me mull this over and come up with several more titles for you.

Your patience is appreciated!

Regards,
Cher

Hi Cher

Do you help with resume writing and answering KSA (knowledge ,skills, ability)

Hi again,

No, I don't do resume writing or answering KSA, but I'm sure if you post a question re: those subjects to our Homework or Writing categories, there will be an expert who can help. I'm an expert in those categories as well, but my specialties don't include those subjects.

How about this, for the title of the poem:

"Our Hearts' Neverending Treasure"

Regards,

Cher

Edited by Cher on 9/23/2010 at 3:58 AM EST
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Cher

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this, again thank you for all you've done

Hello again, and you're most welcome!

It was my pleasure to be of help, and your accept and most generous bonus are greatly appreciated!

Best of luck with your presentation!

Regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs