How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After being in a car wreck and having injured - strained muscles

Resolved Question:

After being in a car wreck and having injured - strained muscles and sharp pains for 2 months, we have been offered a settlement by an insurance co. The person who ran into our car was at fault and was cited. My husband's car - 1980 Toyota Corolla, in excellent condition, no dants, or scratches and very low mileage for that age - 170K miles. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency and examined, finding only badly pulled muscles and nerve in my hip. I can't walk well yet.

The insurance co offered for the car: $1,500 -- takes 2,500 to repair
They offered for my injuries: $1,500

QUESTION: Should we expect better that that? Would you say we need to consult a lawyer here in town?

Thank you very much
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Linda Roch :

It seems like they are shortchanging you and you should contact an attorney or at least your own insurance company, who should get attorneys to fight for you.

Linda Roch :

At the very least, they have to pay for the damage to your car since they are at fault and for the pain and suffering and if you lost any work time for the time you weren't able to walk

Linda Roch :

I would say you are owed at least 2500, which is the cost to repair the car and around 2k plus any work lost due to your injuries.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your input into our problem. I was supposed to have one month of free advice so I don't know how to handle this.


All we want is to pay for the repair of the car. We are both retired so don't work. However it would seem to me that all the pain and suffering I have had for 2 months would need some more compensation than what they offered as $2,500. (Their second offer)


Let me know what you think about this. Thank you very muchy.

Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 6 years ago.

If you have a subscription, you can press Accept and it should work.


As far as your accident, I would get a consultation with an attorney in your area. He may take the case on a contingency basis, meaning he gets paid only if you do (call your local bar to get some referrals). Or if you have full coverage, call your insurance company and you may get compensated that way.

Teacher Editor and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions