Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

Currently live in WI and got pulled over on the toll way around

Currently live in WI and got pulled over on the toll way around Chicago and got a speeding ticket for doing 94 in a 55. I don't think I was doing anywhere near that fast. I was going with the flow which is 70+, maybe a little faster. The cop says his laser got me three times doing 94, 91,88. What options do I have? I wasn't going that fast.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, if the laser was used, they probably have proof if they were asked to show the calibration in court. You can never really win this one. However, you can try to get a lesser charge of a speeding ticket as this one has you going about 40 mph over. Get an attorney to fight this down to a lesser ticket for you or it may impact your insurance rate and record. It may cost you but in the long-run you will probably save. The attorney can make a deal with the prosecutor and get you a lesser charge.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
suggestions on a good experienced attorney?
I don't know one personally although I do practice in Illinois. But if you contact the Illinois Bar Association, they can give you good leads.(NNN) NNN-NNNN